Monday, October 10, 2005

Panic begins.....

...Oh god the panic has set in for this sunday...the 10k that seemed such a good idea 8 weeks ago.

I had a very weird experience on last Saturday's practive run around Clapham Common...as usual I was the last one coming in from my group and one of the 'coaches' came back to get me through the last 100 metres.

A little Japanese woman about 5foot tall looked about 22 or 23 years old. She came running towards me smiling her little head off looking all 'hello kitty'......

The she suddenly turns all Godzilla on me and starts screaming

"GET THOSE LEGS UP, COME ON UP UP UP..."

I nearly fell over, what the fuck? Oh but there was more...

"PUMP THOSE ARMS, YOU'RE NOT PUMPING THEM!! PUMP THEM FASTER FASTER FASTER..."

I lifted 'those' legs up and pumped 'those' arms as fast as I could not so much running as fast as I could more trying to run the fuck away from her. She scared the living shit out of me and that's not easy (unless you are a spider, monster or wherewolf)

I crossed the finish line and there she was grinning away at me like butter wouldn't melt. I, on the other hand, started reching as it appeared one of the Alien babies was trying to make a hasty exit from my stomach.


Maybe I imaginied it, maybe that was my inner voice pushing me to the limit.....



.......nah! it was definitely a schizo, psycho Japanese lady.

No comments: