Sunday, October 16, 2005

It's 07.52

....on Sunday October 16th.

Today is the day.

I have, in fact, been awake since ten to 7 this morning. Those who know me know that I do have a tendancy to wake up early and annoy the crap out of eveyone anyway.

I'm nervous. The 10k starts at 11.30 am this morning.

I've had my healthy breakfast, beans on toast. I made it myself because although the BF had said he would make it when I asked if I was still getting breakfast this morning he said "yes" then rolled over and went back to sleep. Thanks for that.

He is after all one of those who will do anything for anyone as long as it's on his terms and not the terms that they may need or want. One of his great sayings is "when people ask me to do something, they can tell me when to do it or how to do it but not both"

Go figure.

I'm off to get in the bath..............wish me luck...with the run not the bath.

2 comments:

Toenex said...

A little late to wish you luck so I'll just skip to the post race support.

"Jesus, you look like shit!"

"Is that your spleen you just coughed up?"

"It was good of you to let the one-legged guy beat you."

"How many miles was it before you ate your 'emergency' mars bar?"

Seriously though, if you lived well done. If not can I steal some of your posts?

On the subject of your BF modus operandi, it's the same for all men. the worst thing my wife can do is ask me to do something. It really has to be my idea. The trick is to subtly present the problem and look as though you don't have any idea what the solution might be. Come on surely this Girlie Class 101?

Me said...

I haven't had a chance to view to footage the BF shot of me coming in at the end.

However he began the sentence with "people should never see themselves running" I am guessing I look like I felt at that moment.

I didn't use the emergency 3 toffo's that I had in my running pouch (no it is NOT a bumbag)

Funny you should say that about the one-legged person I was actually very happy when I overtook a very, very old man with a knee support on. Shamefully I'm not kidding.

Yeah men and boys.....plant the seed and watch your idea grow.....I can never be told that often enough it seems......