Thursday, October 27, 2005

Our top story

Something keeps on beeping in my flat. I don't know what nor where it is. It has happened three times this morning.

Our other news.......

I found a ladybird in my bath last night. There I was halfway through shaving my leg and it was there bold as brass. Well as bold as a dead ladybird can be.

And finally......

It's national bulb planting day (in my house). Yes those daffodil bulbs that have been sat on top of the tumble dryer for the last 6 weeks will today be re-housed in 'window boxes' They will be replacing the (long) dead summer arrangements that now look like crud.

Thank you for your time. And now it's over to you with the weather where you are........

5 comments:

Glencross said...

Some things beep when they are dying from lack of battery power - perhaps you have a long neglected appliance of some kind pining for attention. I think all gadgets small enough to lose should have some kind of homing instinct and quietly make their way to a designated corner of the room at night.

Andraste said...

Our smoke detectors do that. They never beep when you're up and awake and there's light enough to attend do it. Only in the middle of the night do the little bastards decide it's time to tell you their batteries are dying. How do they KNOW?

Me said...

In the autumn of 1999 I set fire to my kitchen. That morning my flatmate and I had stood there deciding who would get the batteries as it had been beeping all night. I forgot, went out after work got pissed, came home tried to cook a bacon sandwhich and fell asleep leaving the bacon fat to ignite and char-grill my kitchen. A bit scary....however the firemen looked very very good when they arrived all big and manly and saviour type thing. I felt like a twat and came over all girly....

Andraste said...

I do like firemen. They're very sexy, no?

Toenex said...

I'm lost in cache hell. what happened to all the posts about Flock and ecto? ahhhhhhhhhh... help me.