Sunday, October 16, 2005

Later That Day


.....I did it....I did it.....I did it.

It was fan-fucking-tastic....a sea of red nike t-shirts standing around Victoria Park at 10 o'clock on a Sunday morning....me munching on a bacon roll 45 minutes before the start......me then dragging as hard as I could on a marlboro light as they called us into the 'Athletes Village' for our warm up. (I didn't finish the fag though, come on what do you take me for)

Sir Seb Coe came down to 'blow the horn' that started us all.

And before you knew it we were off.

I ran the first 2k non stop then walked 250 metres then ran the next 5k (non-stop!!!!) then walked 750 metres between 7k and 8k, then ran all the way to the finish line. Metallica 'hanger 18' got me through the last 1k as fast as my aching legs/ankles/knees/thighs etc etc would carry me.

Whats that you say? My time?


1 hour 12 minutes and 31 seconds!!!!

I'm so happy I'm so happy...I'm still wearing my medal....off to have another bath now......then over to Papa's for his birthday....then back to the airport to drop BF off.......Oh my international jet set life.

Fee diddle de dee an athletes life for me......

No comments: