Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Glowing.....

.....like a pig.

Just got back from my morning run....and yes the glow is pissing out of me........today I ran faster and harder than I have before. I am shagged.

It's fairly hilly where I live to every run starts with an up-hill, down-hill, up-hill, down-hill before I can get to a flat bit.

Today I took on my nemisis....Blythe Hill....the hill I have been avoiding for the last 8 weeks........not today.....Oh no....today I thought....you are mine....I was in the zone. "Push your self woman, come on push" With my killer determination I decided to "just run to the cross roads"(about half way - look, in my world half way is good ok?)......I passed the cross roadswithout passing out so I thought well I'll just run to the skip at the top of the hill.

I should point out that in London we have our own measurements as follows. From one skip to another is approx 100 yards, the 50 yard mark is a fridge outside someone's gate and the 25 yard mark is a mattress.

Anyway I took on the hill and won, granted I ran like an octogenarian before her hip replacement but the fact remains Blyth Hill is my bitch.....

Cue "Eye of the Tiger"........

1 comment:

Toenex said...

Go Rocky Go!!!!