Thursday, September 22, 2005

Paula Radcliffe? Pah!

Kelly Holmes? Pah! Denise Lewis? Pah!

Me? I'm like an iron woman I am. So........ contrary to popular belief I have actually been 'training' for this 10k run on October 16th.

I've just done a 53 minute run (not non-stop I'm not that good yet) I can actually see/feel myself improving. When I first started on the foolish folly 4 weeks ago I could just about manage the 1 minute walk 1 minute run for 20 minutes.

Now...now I can go for nearly an hour with about 80 % of that running!! I'm a very happy bunny. Can you tell?

I felt the burn, I avoided the dog-shit, I was in the zone......

*lights second marlboro light since getting back from run*

Where was I? Oh yeah I gave menacing eyebrow movements to men openly staring at my tit's. (You know just because I'm wearing sunglasses and you cant see my eyes, DOESN'T MEAN I CANT YOU YOURS YOU SODDING RETARDS!!)

So yes I am pleased.

Still scared about the actual run thing, I did a 5k practice thing around Clapham Common last Saturday it took me 40 minutes (I finished last), the trainer guy said I should be looking to do the 10k in about an hour.

An hour!!

Crikey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoooooohooooooooo

well done, keep going, and i'll be at the finishing line with a bottle of corona

... if i'm not in bed with a hangover, that is!

Toenex said...

Whilst physically in a completely separate and must less energetic location, mentally I am with you all the way. Thats probably explains why I've started slapping random men who look at me anywhere below the neck. Go girl makes with the black american girl silly stirring type dance