Thursday, September 15, 2005

Feel The Burn

I''ve entered the "10k London run on a Sunday morning during the piddling down rain in October" thingy-whatsit.

It was an accident.

I am finally going to get fit again I thought. So there I was having a wee nosey on the internet, fag in one hand bottle of Becks in the other, trying and find a website...well any website that would suddenly propel me into full-on motivated fitness freak woman. Turns out there isn't one. But there was the aforementioned 10k thing.

I got carried away....dazzled by the lovely colours and cartoon figures on the website; before I knew it I had handed over £32 in exchange for a T-shirt. I ordered in a medium under the misguided impression that "well in 6 weeks what with all the training I shall be doing it's bound to fit isn't it?"

No.

It wont.

Even if I were to embark on a Lena Zavaroni type calorie intake it would not fit.

I also got a "6 week countdown training schedule" enough said

3 comments:

zoe said...

"fag in one hand bottle of Becks in the other ..."

that had me in stitches - i'm alright now, though. in a way.

Me said...

Normality is so overated......you are my first offical comment...there have been many unofficial from those that read over my shoulder but I find a swift elbow into the ribs usually sorts that out......Me

Toenex said...

Good luck with the training. Dumping the fags is good, but the beer might be a bit much, after all you not going professional are ya?

Tell your mate that Captain Scarlet rocks and that my 2.5 year old son loved it too (he kept telling me it was Thunderbirds, so it must have retained the look). Also if he/she needs anyone to do the "dum,dum,dum,dumdumdum,dum" between scenes, I'm available and have done that most of my life since I was 6.