Friday, December 09, 2005

Enya....

.....genius or complete shite?

No really I can't tell.

All I know is that she's got another bloody album release called Ameretti Biscuit or something.

As far as I can see she simply re arranges the track order and releases the same 12 droaning banshyee on ketamine 'songs'

Is she the Andrew Ridley of dinner party music? Ridley was, after all, the ultimate pop-star...couldn't play a note and had no talent, he simply jumped around looking good (look it was the 80's 'flicks' perma-tan and pastel clothing was a good look) made a mint then buggered off to the land of King Arthur with a third of Bananarama.

I didn't mean that last line to rhyme.


Time to head off and play a friday night game of ebay...........

3 comments:

Toenex said...

You are so on my wavelength with this. I can go a good twenty minutes before I get all panicky that I may have fallen for some huge joke and actually she is just taking the piece. Same feeling I have with the Cocteau Twins. I'm liking it, but all the time worried that I might just be behaving like some pretentious cunt and someone is gonna walk in and quickly explain to me how this is all just a laugh at the expensive of middle class 80's throwbacks like myself!

Do I come across insecure? It must be Sunday. I get like this on Sundays.

Andraste said...

I'm glad you're both talking about this because...well...me too.

Enya...sounds good...oddly soothing...but then I'm not quite sure if it isn't the same track over and over, with slight differences in synthesizer settings and echo...GAH!

Toenex said...

oooh wow! andraste just loving the audio clip. I've forgotten how great withnail and I was. We've come on holiday by mistake!