Wednesday, November 09, 2005

In The Industry I Now....

.....work in people have what's known as 'breakthroughs' or 'moments of clarity' well as I sit here I too have just had one.

I have realized just how lazy.....no no no....just how energy efficient I can be.

There's a load going round in the tumble dryer that have been washed and dried three times.

Is this because of my 'super woman' complex?.....noooooooo

Is this because I have some sort of out of proportion / OCD disorder relating to germs?....noooooo

Is this because the whites were just not white enough?.....nooooo

Nope, none of the above. It's because I keep forgetting to take the clothes out of the dryer and so they sit in there and get creased to fuck, so what do I do? I put them back into the washing machine then dry them JUST so I don't have to do any ironing.

And the winner of this year Domestic Goddess Award goes to........................

2 comments:

Glencross said...

Quite right - machines are meant to free us from such menial toil, leaving the mind to consider matters of a higher station. Is it not suffucient that ones meditation is disrupted by the machines' beastly commotion, without suffering the further indignity of ironing ? And while we're on the subject, why do vacuum cleaners still make so much bloody noise ?

Toenex said...

Yes but happens when they rise up against us? Remember, "Don't be too proud of this technological achievement. The power to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force." I think I've made my point.